Registered Nurse - Pediatric Cardiothoracic ICU - Nights
Infants and children with heart issues that need to stay in the hospital are cared for in our Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit, located in the north wing of the Cherese Mari Laulhere Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Whether recovering from heart surgery, a cardiac catheterization, or medical management of heart disease, our cardiothoracic intensive care unit team provides high-quality, family centered, state-of-the-art cardiac care.
At Miller Children's and Women's Hospital, Long Beach we have:
- Dedicated team of physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals specializing in pediatric cardiology to meet the special needs of patients with heart disease.
- Continuous 24-hour monitoring of vital signs by our specialized care team, a nurse is always able to see the patient’s vitals in the uniquely designed CTICU.
- Postoperative recovery and care designed to meet a child’s unique needs.
- Arterial, venous and pulmonary artery catheter monitoring, so a patient’s needs are quickly met and give parents peace of mind that their child’s heart rate and blood pressure are in constantly in normal range.
- Spacious, private rooms with space for a parent to sleep at the bedside on a sleeper sofa.
- Family-centered care – parents are encouraged to participate in daily patient rounds and care.
The Registered Nurse 12-Hr provides safe, cost-effective patient care through the health experience, according to established standards utilizing the nursing process, within the scope of practice of Registered Nursing, for the Pediatric Cardiothoracic Intensive Care unit (CTICU) at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach.
Once-in-a-career opportunity to contribute to the development and expansion of a congenital heart program!
The pediatric CTICU is growing and developing, so we are seeking nurses with clinical experience in neonatal and pediatric congenital heart critical care, who works well with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
1. Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California is required.
2. Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (CPR & AED) certification is required.
3. Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification is also required.
4. Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) is also required.
5. Graduated from an accredited nursing program unless otherwise approved by the NEC. Approved accrediting bodies include: ACEN and CCNE. Others must be approved by NEC.
6. The ideal candidate will have nursing experience in a cardiac intensive care environment in an acute care hospital.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.millerchildrenshospitallb.org/heart-institute/cardiothoracic-intensive-care-unit-cticu