Physician Assistant - Surgical I (CICU)
This Pediatric Physician Assistant in the CICU will be responsible for:
• Providing care to infants, children, and adults with congenital and acquired heart disease.
• Collaborating with the supervising physician, to conduct patient assessment and medical history, physical exams, and diagnose health and developmental problems.
• Caring for patients with both acute and chronic disease by managing therapeutic regimens according to approved guidelines.
• Participating in the intensive care unit medical rounds, including the presentation of clinical information and the progress and management of patients.
• Assisting with establishing a treatment plan and be included in all teaching activities conducted by the CICU attending staff.
• Completing bedside rounds at the end of the shift with the senior clinical fellow and the fellow on-call for the CICU to complete sign-off and update management plans.
• Participating with ongoing research in the CICU, and offering expertise as a consultant and educator to nursing staff.
To qualify, you must have:
•A graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
•Prefer a minimum of 1 year of cardiac surgery operating room and/or critical care experience.
•Possess a solid medical knowledge base for cardiopulmonary critical care medicine with an interest in congenital cardiac anomalies.
•Possess critical thinking skills and adaptability on a busy cardiac surgery service.
•Communication skills to work collaboratively with medical and surgical colleagues, staff and trainees.
•A current license from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to practice as a Physician Assistant.
Position will be days with rotation to nights of up to 20% and rotation up to every 4th weekend and some holidays
Regular, Temporary, Per Diem:
Standard Hours per Week:
Job Posting Category:
Medical Staff and Education
Expiration Date : 9/14/2022