Pediatric CICU Advanced Practice Provider Team Lead
Title: Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Advanced Practice Provider Team Lead
The Pediatric Critical Care Advanced Practice Provider Team Lead is a full-time, dedicated position. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care APP team, providing clinical care in the CICU at Norton Children’s Hospital and contributing to the overall mission of Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care. The role includes the following responsibilities and activities:
- provide clinical care in the CICU
- collaborate with CICU medical director to formulate, implement, and report on strategic plan, including short and long-term goals and objectives for CICU, APP practice, and patient outcomes;
- be actively involved in Pediatric Acute Care APP recruitment, interviewing, hiring, credentialing and privileging activities necessary for the provision of safe and high-quality care in the CICU;
- conduct and oversee onboarding and orientation of APPs hired to provide care in the CICU
- lead ongoing educational efforts for APPs in the CICU
- Monthly CICU APP meetings with educational topics, journal reviews
- Participate in the development, scheduling, and debriefing of simulations and “boot camp” for APPs at least yearly
- develop and implement programs, processes, policies, practices, and evaluation tools that will ensure the highest level of clinical practice, professionalism, leadership, and teamwork, in the CICU APP team;
- In collaboration with the CICU medical director, maintain and conduct annual competency-based performance evaluation/reviews for all members of the cardiac critical care advanced practice providers.
- In collaboration with the CICU medical director, provide coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions to ensure high quality and safe patient care, interprofessional collaborative practice, and professionalism of the Cardiac Critical Care APP providers.
- collaborate with the CICU medical director and intensivists to advance CICU care and interprofessional collaborative practice in the clinical setting
- participate in CICU, NCH and organizational leadership meetings as representation for the CICU APPs, to foster CICU APP clinical practice, and be instrumental in the advancement of Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care;
- commit to continued knowledge and skill acquisition in evidence-based pediatric cardiac critical care and leadership; as well as continued involvement in regional, national, and international pediatric cardiac critical care professional organizations;
- oversee and create the CICU APP clinical schedule ensuring that appropriate coverage is scheduled and maintained;
- collaborate with Norton Healthcare Health and the UofL School of Medicine and their departments, to continue the academic mission of the team.
- lead/be involved in/designate member involvement, in CICU quality improvement projects, as well as evaluate the sustainability, effectiveness and patient outcomes resulting from designated projects.
- collaborate with the CICU nurse educator to develop, implement and conduct educational activities to further advance nursing care in the CICU.
Education and Experience
- Pediatric Acute Care Certification
- MSN or DNP
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Pediatric CICU
Please contact: Deanna Tzanetos at firstname.lastname@example.org
Expiration Date : 12/15/2021