Cardiac Critical Care Nurse Practitioner at UH Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital / The Congenital Heart Collaborative
The UH Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital is seeking an additional full-time Cardiac Critical Care Nurse Practitioner to join our growing program in association with The Congenital Heart Collaborative. UH Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital is an internationally renowned, academic children’s hospital located adjacent to MacDonald’s Women’s Hospital and the University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center.
We provide the highest-quality care to patients with complex congenital and pediatric acquired heart disease through The Congenital Heart Collaborative, a comprehensive affiliation between UH Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital and Nationwide Children’s Hospital Heart Programs. We perform cardiac surgeries of all complexities as well as fetal cardiac interventions and complex pediatric catheterization procedures. Planning is underway for a new state-of-the-art Pediatric Cardiac/Cardiothoracic ICU with an anticipated opening in early summer of 2023.
The Cardiac Critical Care NP provides care to infants, children, and adolescents with congenital and acquired heart disease as well as younger adults with congenital heart disease. The NP team in conjunction with a fully staffed interdisciplinary team, including attending cardiac intensivists, coordinates care of postoperative cardiothoracic patients, postoperative thoracic patients, and cardiac medical patients including those with arrhythmias.
This Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the supervising cardiac intensivist to conduct patient assessment and medical history, physical exams, and diagnose health and developmental problems.
- Caring for patients with both acute and chronic disease by managing therapeutic regimens.
- Participating in the intensive care unit clinical care rounds, including the presentation of clinical information and the progress and management of patients.
- Assisting with establishing a treatment plan and be included in teaching activities conducted by the ICU attending staff.
- Performing ICU procedures in conjunction with the attending physician.
- Participating with ongoing quality improvement and research initiatives.
- Offering expertise as a consultant and educator to the nursing staff.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Master’s of Science Degree in Nursing (MSN).
- A license as a Certified Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- A certificate to prescribe in the state of Ohio.
- A minimum of 3 years of bedside RN experience in a PICU, PCTICU, PCICU, and/or NICU.
- The ability to work days and nights, every 4th weekend on average, and some holidays.
The successful candidate will be well-supported at a world-class Children’s Hospital with 60+ years of experience in the care of patients with pediatric and adult congenital and acquired heart disease, an outstanding educational and research enterprise in association with Case Western Reserve University, and an internationally recognized program partner with Nationwide Children’s Hospital Heart Center. The Congenital Heart Collaborative is a dedicated, comprehensive heart program with a common executive administration that functions as a single program on two campuses. The Collaborative is committed to expanding access to high-quality comprehensive cardiac care regardless of patient age, while equally embracing a scholarly and educational mission.
Please send a letter of interest and your resume/curriculum vitae to Lisa Welsh, MSN, RN, CPN, Clinical Nurse Manager, The Congenital Heart Collaborative at Lisa.Welsh@UHhospitals.org.
UH Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and applicants of any sexual orientation or gender identity are encouraged to apply.